|Enjoy with a coffee|
100g dark chocolate (I use 70% as less likely to burn and adds richness)
1. Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (fan, 200 Celsius normal)
2. Break/chop dark chocolate into a heat proof bowl and add butter. Melt these together to form a glossy liquid. You can do this by using either a bain marie (place bowl over saucepan of boiling water) or blasting in the microwave at 30 sec intervals. I use the microwave and usually takes about 90 secs, stirring in between blasts.
3. Add sugar into butter & chocolate mix little by little, it does seem a little grainy due to the amount but this will be fine (trust me!).
4. Crack eggs into a jug/mug and beat lightly with vanilla extract. Add this into your mixture and mix until the egg is fully combined.
5. Sieve flour, cinnamon, chili powder and salt into a bowl to integrate. Add the wet mixture to the dry by folding to keep as much air in as possible and keep the mixture light. It is quite a dense brownie but you don’t want to make it heavier!
6. Line a roasting tin with parchment paper and grease lightly.
7. Pour mixture into tin and spread out evenly.
8. Place in middle rack of oven for roughly 25 minutes. I usually check at 20 and needs another few minutes. Check with a knife or skewer if you have one that it comes out clear it’s done!