As you know the past few months have been pretty challenging for me, especially mentally. Therefore to refocus myself I wanted to give myself some goals to work towards and give myself things to look forward to. So I came up with a mini bucket list of things I want to do before I’m 30. That gives me just under 3 years to get my ass moving.
My dad used to always say “Don’t spend your life wishing it away” and while I do try and live by that it can be hard sometimes. You can find yourself wishing the day to be over, or wishing you were anywhere but where you are – either physically or mentally.
There’s a big world out there and we’d be absolutely crazy to not want to explore and I’m definitely guilty of wanderlust so this definitely not exhaustive but doable for sure. I’m a nostalgic person so it’s obvious there’s a lot of experiences in here too. I hope you enjoy reading.
- Go to Iceland
- Start our family
- Clear my debts
- Find my work family
- Make ways on our family home (save for deposit at least)
- See the Foo Fighters live in concert
- Go on a girls weekend
- Buy a nice camera
- Visit Malin Head (the most northerly point in Ireland)
- Visit Brow Head (the most southerly point in Ireland)
- Play guitar again and learn new songs
- Adopt a dog
- Attend or host a roof top party
- Learn how to use a sowing machine for more than just hems
- Sleep under the stars
- Feel confident in a bikini
- Try something new or go somewhere new at least once a month (I’ve already started this)
- Grow my own food, maybe get an allotment
- Go completely cruelty free (household cleaners, etc)
- Make more sensible financial decisions
- Learn how to do a back flip/be able to do one
- Become more confident cycling and get a bike
- Be more positive
- Spend less time worrying
- Get a grilled cheese sandwich from a food truck
- Take a barista course
- Forage more
- Become more sustainable with regard to fashion and material goods
- Experience hot springs
- Go to another football game
Do you have a bucket list or give yourself little goals each day/month/year? I would love to know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!